Re: Portable Xy4 made easy

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sat, 30 Jun
2012 06:19:21 -0700

> is %nn something rare and wonderful?

Wonderful, not rare. It occurs well over 100 times in U2. I believe
it was documented from Day One. In Xy3 (and, I think, earlier
versions), the usage was limited to "ordinary" S/Gs (A-Z,0-9):
SA %X created X.SAV in the current directory, and SA %X,MY.X created
MY.X. Think of it as a complement to LDPM. LDPM myfile.txt,X
transfers the contents of a file to a S/G; SA %X,MYFILE.TXT goes in
the other direction.

Signature/Xy4 expanded this feature to numerical programming S/Gs
(00-1999). It's documented in Signature: Making the Transition, at
page 5-17.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx