Re: Xy on Mac revisited

Hi Patricia,
Do you know if this would work if you pointed it at the original Xy install executable? (There was one, right?) I seem to recall there was one.

Russ
On Dec 7, 2006, at 5:20 PM, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Russ Urquhart wrote:
Also, finally, there is another option, CrossOver Mac, which enables users to run their favorite windows app without having to have Windows. (When i first heard of them, i emailed them and asked if a Dos program (XY) would run under their program. They said that they thought it should as they were supporting the Windows API in their program.
If this is the same outfit that makes CrossOver Office (for Linux),
I don't think so. I tried to run Xy on that on Linux, and no go.
For an interesting reason: CrossOver Office starts out by
installing your Windows app. So it wants an install routine--
typically, SETUP.EXE. Xy has no such thing, and if you point
CrossOver Office at EDITOR.EXE, it has no idea what to do.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx