Re: Numberlock on?

** Reply to message from Paul Breeze  on Wed, 16
Oct 2002 19:59:01 +0100

> When I launch xy4 in win2000, it starts up with an N in the top right hand corner > indicating that the Number Lock is On, but it isn't.

Right -- it actually isn't On -- and if you hit any numberpad key, e.g.
CursorRight, the "N" goes away and you actually get CursorRight movement
instead of a number "6" -- right? Kind of a non-issue, IMO.

A more serious problem arises when the state of the Caps lock in XyWrite gets
out of sync with the systemwide Caps lock state, i.e. it is On in XyWrite, but
Off elsewhere, or vice versa. The way to re-synchronize is to shell to DOS
with your DOS/NV key, toggle the Caps lock, then EXIT back to XyWrite.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx