Re: Help -- Tilde

On 5 Jan 01, at 14:15, Yo Intl. wrote:

> Here is a stupid problem. Innocently, I installed NotaBene under
> "c:\program files".
> Now, I wanted to add a shortcut key to the keyboard file for making it
> easier to get in and edit it (the same way I always had it in XY3 and
> XY4). But: Notabene now sitting under a long directory name, I find that
> the keyboard file does not understand the space. And for entering the DOS
> abbreviated name (Progra~1), I would need the Tilde. However, there seems
> no way to get the tilde, neither in DOS nor in Windows. This must have
> been discussed before. I am sure I am missing something obvious. Help! Tia

XyWrite III+ allowed one to entre the tilde, but just would not display it on
screen. I've had that problem with web addresses. But if you enter it, and
look at the document in another editor, it's there.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx
  Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/steve.htm