Re: logon problem

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Once in a while when I type an M (U or LC) in an
> e-mail address or message, I find myself instantly in Windows Explorer and
> out of e-mail. The only was I know to cure that is to quit CS, quit out of
> whatever else is running, and shut down. (God prosper you, Mr. Klein and
> Judge Jackson).
>
> If any interest, any ideas?

It seems possible that you hit one of the standard Windows key
shortcuts: if you (probably unknowingly) hit the Windows key plus M,
all current windows are minimized--but you should still see them on the
taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Next time it happens, see if that's
true.

Standard Windows Key Shortcuts:

Windows Key + D:	Show Desktop (requires IE4 update)
Windows Key + E:	Windows Explorer
Windows Key + F:	Find Files or Folders...
Windows Key + M:	Minimize All Windows
Windows Key + R:	Run...
Windows Key + F1:	Windows Help
Windows Key + Break:	System Properties
Windows Key + Tab:	Select Task

Or, roll your own.

  Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
School of Library & Information Science
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****

	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."