Re: Two or more Xys open

Harry Binswanger wrote:
I wonder if anyone has experimented with opening a second (or third) instance of XyWrite instead of a new window in the same instance, for certain functions?
Same for opening a directory--why not have the directory show in
another Xy, rather than another window?

I can see problems: changes made in one Xy don't show up in the other.
Someone raised this a while back ( I unfortnately cannot recall the
subject line, and searches on nine and 9 yield a gazillion false
positives), and Carl, IIRC, said it was definitely possible. The danger
of mixed-up saves was also mentioned.
I'm assuming you're thinking of doing this with your two-monitor setup?
Because one can always split the screen in Xy to view two (or more)
files or directories or whatever at once. But the result is far from
easily viewable on anything smaller than (I should imagine) a 21-inch
monitor. And running two Xy sessions wouldn't solve the problem with
only one monitor. But with two? Ah, that opens undreamed-of vistas
(ouch! No reference to the forthcoming version of Redmond Rubbish
intended. In case anyone hadn't heard, what has long been code-named
Longhorn (the next release of Windows) is now Vista.

Patricia M. Godfrey