Whither Dave Erickson?

Can anyone clarify the role of Dave Erickson in the ongoing history
of XyWrite? I think he was the guiding light for XyQuest and the
lean, mean XyWrite we love. Was it his idea? I gather he is now
associated with TTG, but I'm not certain.   Is he one of the
*programmers* responsible for XyWrite over the years?

Is there any chance that we could hear some of his views on the
possibilities/difficulties of further debugging XyDOS? He would
certainly be the expert who would know. We civilians don't even
know what programming language Xy IV code uses.

I think almost everyone would agree that XyWrite is the best DOS
editor ever, and something that will retain its value as long as
writers put fingers to keyboards. I, for one, would like to thank
Dave.

Myron