Re: Sporadic problems with *.KBD defs under OS/2

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:26:41

> Dropping in the NI *throughout* was not a good idea. Unshift 51 wouldn't
> produce a comma when it read *51=ni,,* I haven't taken the time to go
> back to see what others keys were thrown askew or why the ALT keys were
> acting up. Just went back to the earlier KBD and changed the shift-key
> names on that.

That doesn't fail because of NI; it fails because it's an illegal
keyboard spec. You can't put raw commas in the file like that!
Func CO has to be used in the
keyboard file, if you're putting more than one character, or functions
plus characters, on a key. 51=NI,CO (or just 51=NICO) will work just fine.

So put the NIs back on the Alt keys: that's where they belong.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------