Re: Editing .exe and .com files -Reply

XyWrite to edit
EXEcutables. Many (MANY) characters are not what the display
reports them to be. Characters which you input may be written as
3-byte pseudo-characters;
<<<<

One trick I've used.... you can use Windows Write to look at/examine
EXE files. Just open the file, specify NO conversion to Wrndows
Write format, and there you go. I've used it to snoop around the
XyWrite EXE files on days when I don't have much of a life :) In
the past, I've discovered some undocumented function calls and
command line commands this way.

Never tried using this technique to patch/alter a file, but I
suppose it could be done. Your mileage, of course, may vary.

Steve