Re: The Monolith (was: As long as everyone else is doing it...)

Peter Evans:

Yes, I have a great love of their business sense; and a
reasonable amount of love for Excel. I, like you, dislike Word,
but it seems better than (ugh) WordPerfect (but I haven't tried
WP since v. 4.2).

Peter: < But when I read
>>I'm getting very tired of this monolithic Windows95/98 which
>>shuts out everything but itself.
>I wonder what, if anything, this means. Certainly 95 does not "shut out"
>Xy in any way.>

I agree, and there is great value in standardization on any
(reasonable) operating system. I remember the chaos of the early
days when even floppy disk formats were totally incompatible from
computer to computer.

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx