Re: Testers wanted for new Copy/Paste/Replace routine

Actually both other routines and kbd assignments.

Here's the keyboard assignment:

nn=bc,r,u,n, ,c,:,\,r,o,u,t,i,n,e,s,\,c,l,i,p,m,o,d,.,p,r,g,xc,bc,r,u,n,
,c,:,\,r,o,u,t,i,n,e,s,\,f,i,l,e,n,a,m,e,.,p,r,g,xc

Obviously this calls two routines, clipmod.prg, a simple modification of Carl's Clip2 program, which converts a Xy3 file to RTF, and a little routine I put together to get the file name into Word, called Filename.prg. The latter, when run with a file open on the screen, places the *name* of the open file into a new file called 1file. On the Windows side, Macro Express calls the RTF file created by Clipmod.prg, saves the contents of 1file to the Windows clipboard (the name I used on the XyWrite side is in the clipboard), and pastes that name into the "save as" box in Word. I then run a formatting routine in Word that sets up the margins and header I want for making galleys. It sounds harder than it is; it all happens pretty smoothly and quickly.

Peter Brown
xywrite3plus@xxxxxxxx

In a message dated 10/29/2003 5:55:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, holmgren@xxxxxxxx writes:
Which "other" routines?  You mean, KeyBoarD assignments?  No comprehend...

> I wonder whether, if I change the BX's and Q2's to
> BC's and XC's, the code might well run with Xy3?

Peter Brown
xywrite3@xxxxxxxx