RE: SmartWords Spellers ["Dictionaries"]

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:45:42 -0500

>> What spell-check dictionaries will be included? Will you include
>> PCLEXAM.DLL so that we can run our PCLEX dictionaries under SW?

> 1. We abandoned Lexam (IBM's spell checker) long ago. We went back to the
> MicroLytics spell checker. The standard dictionary will be included.

I don't doubt that you abandoned it. But a lot of us still use it. Some even
prefer it. And many own it, because they purchased Signature. These are not
trivial dictionaries. The German and French PCLEX dictionaries are many
times (5? 6?) larger than the Microlytics dictionaries for those languages,
and by common consent, vastly superior. Many Europeans use them, as you
surely know because you've been listening here for a long time.

I'm simply talking reasonableness here. I'm asking for the DLL which
enables these dictionaries, and which TTG distributed with XyWin to some
European users. It works in SW. So why not include it? If its too late to
put it on the CD-ROM, why not post it on your website?

> 3. We have not enabled VB Script as a macro language, but the interface is
> in fact built in VB -- we have a command layer between VB and the
> composition engine that allows VB code to pass commands.

Have you included any sample scripts that indicate how to use VB to control
SW? Any documentation? If not, could you post a sample or two on the TTG
website?

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx