Re: Spell Check

Reply to note from Fred Weiner  Sun, 12 Jan 2014
11:07:54 -0700

Fred:

> An unwelcome peculiarity of the native spell check: on
> completion it skips to the next character, or past carriage
> returns. I use Carl's Spell U2 frame for batch processing, but
> would like to check a single word without the "skip" annoyance.

I can't think of an altogether satisfactory solution. The obvious
answer (nn=SO,PW) doesn't work, because func PW (move cursor to
Previous Word) destroys the "OK" prompt if the word is spelled
correctly. Alternatively, you can insert a pause before PW, like
this:

nn=SO,BX,p,Q2,PW

or, more compactly:

nn=SOBXp,Q2PW

This displays the "OK" prompt for a second, then moves the cursor to
the previous word. It does what I think you want -- if you can live
with the slight delay before the cursor moves back.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx