moving from paragraph to paragraph

Yo gang!

Since the subject of moving from paragraph to paragraph has come up, here's
my solution, for XY 3.55. It's very simple, but that's why I like it.

When I first started to customized Xywrite (doesn't everyone?), I also
didn't like the way the command to move from paragraph to paragraph worked.
Rather than write a program to make paragraph moves, I instead wrote one to
move from period to period. To move forward to the next period the macro is:

&I,CR,BC,s,e, ,/,.,/,XC,@I

&I refers to a program I have for saving what's on the command line, with @I
returning it to the command line.

CR moves the cursor one space forward, just in case I happen to be on a
period at the moment I run the macro (if you are, the search command doesn't
go anywhere).

The program always places me one space after the next period. It's
predictable, and gets me moving quickly from sentence to sentence in a way
that's directly related to the ideas I'm trying to express. I can use it to
expand blocks, or delete sentences.

The macro for searching backwards to the previous period is:

=&I,CL,BC,s,e,b, ,/,.,/,XC,@I,GT,CR

I ain't the world's greatest program, and I'm sure this can be improved.
Nonetheless, it gets me around.

Bob

Bob Zimmerman

13909 Briarwood Drive, #323