Re: running xy 3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!

Polly
here is what I sent to Robert, will also attach the file
It was the Independent in London where I worked from 1986 to 1998.
They used a system called atex which was fantastic. There were only terminals
and central server; thus there was no slot for a floppy as the screen was the terminal. It was a dos system  and that was before
email ( well there was a primitive email system ) But we had, as
correspondents, mail boxes. So I copied files to my mail box via dos. Then
in 1995, they got rid of the atex and used computers Apple Mac used
Microsoft word. There was a six months period when they used OS/2 system (
IBM). But they used word not XYwrite.
I will attach my start-up initiate file to this email, you can look at it
your self. But open it with XyWrite iytself as if you open it with notepad
the command BC will appear as ??.
I will try your suggestion later on, I am on a deadline now ( although I
work now for the Daily Telegraph & Daily Mail as a freelance writer)
Best
Adel

Adel Darwish
Writer on Foreign Affairs ( The Daily Mail, The Daily Telegraph  & The Middle east Magazine)
Mobile 44-7973228015
fax 44-20-7485-0778