encryption

from Morris,

          From programmers point of view, using XPL how would one
go about encrypting a file. Am I right in saying that an easy method is by
including it as part of a small program. Of course you have to know the name
of the program and an outsider not knowing how to assign such a program to a
key, will be unable to access the file. I am aware this is a somewhat
primitive and crude way to a hide text from pyring eyes.

  Strange but true I cannot seem to find the word "encryption" or anything
like it in a UK dictionary. Does this indicate that the British are not just
with it.