Re: codepage translation between VDosPlus and Windows

Hi Paul,

I don't really know much French, so I never did this before. But when you try to display a text encoded in CP1252 with the CP850 setting, it obviously won't display properly because of the different encodings. I am afraid that vDosPlus cannot do much about this because this is really a file encoding problem. For example, if you open a file encoded in some Code Page X in a text editor set to some Code Page Y (where X and Y are different), then the text won't show up correctly either. You need to use the same code page in the text editor as the code page of the file, or you can use some specialized tools to convert the encoding of the file from CP1252 to CP850 in order to be displayed properly in the Code Page 850 environment. Hope this helps.

Wengier