WinXP Service Pack 2: "jerky cursor" disappears

Install WXP SP2, now released officially:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

 (beware line wrap above!)
 *or*

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

The XP "jerky cursor" problem pretty much disappears, to my eye (looks like the
same fix as introduced by SP4 for Win2K). Perhaps combined with a MODE command
like "MODE CON:RATE=32 DELAY=2", Xy4's text cursor becomes smooth and eminently
usable in a Desktop window. YMMV, of course, but I suspect that if cursor
behavior had been in this state when XP was first born, nobody ever would have
noticed or commented this problem. Whereas those sensitized to it may still
see some artifact ... but, IMO, it's negligible to the point of disappearance.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx