Re: NEW Keyboard problem Win8 ctrl caps lock etc SOLVED

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Sat, 08 Feb 2014
01:34:13 +0000

> I only had key 29 for Ctrl. Obviously I needed to add 99 as
> well.
>
> That makes cursor movement (Wordstar-like) work, but also adds
> a space each time the "New Ctrl" key is pressed. Deleting 29
> from the Ctrl definition doesn't help.

One trick to tame a Xy keyboard layout is to give the shifting keys
non-standard names in the KBD file. I use the following, but you can
name them anything you like other than CAPS, SHIFT, ALT and CTRL:

KAPS=58,T:C
SHFT=42,54
XALT=56,98
CNTL=29,99

Another thing is to start the key assignment with good old func NI.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx