Re: Harry's Basic program

What is it exactly that you are trying to do? Identify whether a character in
text is UPPER or lower case? Capitalize the first letter of words? If these
are XyWrite texts, it's a bit tortured to do it with Perl when XPL does it
easily...
Perl?! I've only dealt with Perl once in my life (and that required massive
assistance from others). No, we're talking BASIC, man. Good ol' CB-86 BASIC
by Digital Research of CP/M fame. (I am, however, moving on to Python under
Unix.)
How do you get Xy to tell whether a character is capitalized or not? Is
there some way to get it to return the ASCII value of each character?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx