RE: NW=?? in settings.dfl

According to manuals and experiments your item "1" is possible via the NW
default only with settings of 1 or 2 (and not with 0 or 3), and your item
"2" only with a setting of 3 (and not 0 or 1 or 2).

Is it possible that on the old computer you are somehow storing files with a
key combination that both stores the file and executes a remove screen (RS
or RMVSCR) command, either in the keyboard file or otherwise? If not, then
you could assign "BC,s,t,XC,BC,r,s,XC" (or using BX-Q2 with parentheses) to
a convenient key and accomplish what you want with a NW setting of 1 (which
would also automatically close the window on an ABort) or 2 (which would
not).

Regards,

Paul Ambos
pambos@xxxxxxxx