refocused question on running xywrite on a windows 7 pc

Dear Fellow Xywriters

I am trying to refocus my prior question about running XyWrite 4.17 and Wordperfect 5.1 for dos and word for word in windows 7.

I am currently running XyWrite on my dell dimension 521 desktop which has windows xp and 4 gigs of ram.  I also am running a dell 1710 vostro laptop with 4 gigs of ram also using windows xp.   I am happy with my current setup  except that I want to get a new desktop from Dell because it is beginning to experience mechanical problems and the dell 24/7 telephone support which I have found fits my needs very well is about to expire.

My primary concern is whether I can run XyWrite and to lesser extent wordperfect 5.1 for Dos and word for word on a pc running windows 7.

I am happy with the way XyWrite runs currently on both my desktop and my laptop.  I very rarely transfer data between a windows program or the internet and XyWrite except to the extent that I download data in pure text which I paste into notepad and store and than call up that data in XyWrite.  Outside of email and surfing the internet or watching netflix the only time I use a windows application is to run turbotax and sometimes Excel.

I run XyWrite either from the shortcut Robert described a few years ago or on rare occasion from a command prompt.  I am happy with the screen.  If and when I get a new pc I will simply copy my current XyWrite and Wordperfect and word for word files onto my new pc.

The only reason why I would get a new computer with windows 7 is because even in the Dell outlet store they will no longer sell a windows xp system.  I do not want to get a new pc which will not be covered by Dell's telephone support which means I would not want to get a third party product that is not supported by Dell.

I am under the impression that XyWrite will run on windows 7 32 bit but not under windows 7 64 bit.  If I can run XyWrite and wordperfect 5.1 for dos and word for word from either an icon on my desktop or from a command prompt I would be very happy.  Am I correct that these programs can run under windows 7 32 bit without any tweaking.  I do not see any reason or need given my limited use of windows applications for needing windows 64 bit.