RE: Same question again about XYdos

I can answer your Question 3 in the affirmative: When you ask XW4 to run a
spell-check is looks for DICT.SPL in the current directory, then in the
directories defined in the PATH of the environment. If it doesn't find it
it won't spell-check.

As to Question 1, I think that asking for the value of the Display Type
returns the current Display Type; resetting the default for the Display Type
will affect the initial Display Type for the next document to be opened.
Resetting the default will not itself affect the DT of any document you then
have open. This at least would be consistent with your experience.

As to Question 2 I defer to others more knowledgeable about effects of not
combination that in your keyboard file refers to a help frame in one of
those unloaded files, the program might lock. Could this be the problem?

Regards,

Paul Ambos
pambos@xxxxxxxx