Re: TYP and newer printers

Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Sat,
06 Mar 2010 15:54:21 -0500

Patricia:

> I think the problem may be with my Ghostscript installation
> (the same on all three systems). The fonts folder is right off
> c:\gs; i.e., c:\gs\fonts,

Same here: F:\GS\fonts. (I had no problem installing GS on my F:
drive, by the way.)

> whereas the code of Robert's xy2pdf seems to expect it to be
> \bin\fonts.

Not true. XY2PDF points to "d:\GS\GS8.70\BIN\..\..\fonts", which is
the same as "d:\GS\fonts". The "\..\..\" construct locates "\fonts"
two levels above \BIN, i.e. in \GS.

> Problem: the batch files are all one long command.

Without line breaks, you mean? Big problem. The BATch files are
created by frames TYP and XY2PDF -- the line breaks are hard-coded
into the frames themselves -- so perhaps something is amiss with
your copy of U2.

There's a whiff of user error in all this -- exactly what, though, I
don't know.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx