Re: III+ Sort

Harry Binswanger wrote:
> When I run a sort (on only a dozen or so items) in 3+ under W95, I get an
> "out of memory error"--but then it proceeds to do the job fine. If you are
> getting this error message, maybe it's bogus. Have you tried sorting a short
> list?

Hmmm - maybe my version of Editor is corrupt, or my .dfl file has a sort
option set to something weird. I don't get any error that I can see -
unless it flashes so fast I don't notice it - and it never does then
proceed to do the job at all. It sits there, with the lines still
defined, doing absolutely nothing. I can undefine the selection, the
program isn't hung. It's very puzzling.

Yes, I've tried short lists - no luck. Guess I'll play with my .dfl
file sort options and see what that does.

Thanks for trying it on your machine - useful information!

--
  -Steffan O'Sullivan    sos@xxxxxxxx   Plymouth, NH
         ------ http://www.io.com/~sos/ ------