Re: Backup: Portable solution

Hi,

For the temporary storage or for the purpose of file transfer, I just got a
portable HD (Kanguru) 30 gb (3.5"; the smaller 2.5" HD is more expensive).
 It has a separte adaptor-cable for parallel port and for UPS port, each
with a device software.  I had a little difficulty in installing device
drive software for UPS. But turning the computer on an off, somewhat I made
it work. With both connectors, I hope I can pull data from my old DOS
machine as well as the Windows machine.

Of course I have to find a real storage device to transfer these data.
Kanguru has external portable removable hard drives; I have not experenced
with these. There are several vendors for this category from small gb to
large gb sizes, which may be useful vs recordable DVD 4 to 8 gb coming up
available.

Sincerely.