Re: Saving PDF File With Xywrite

Reply to message from "Brian Henderson" , on
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:58:00 -0800

≪PDFs are ASCII...or at least some TYPE of ASCII. I just edited 70 of
them with Textpad, ≫

Curioser and cuioser. I would never have thought that, so I went looking
for some small PDFs on my system and tried opening one or two in EditPad
Classic, a rather nice plain-text editor that I sometimes use when XyW
gets OOM. No ASCII in them, except for some directives, set off in ≪/≫
(that's double less-than and greater-than symbols, not XyW's guillemets).
There are several versions of PDF (the German program I used to use
before Robert gave us TYP listed three variants one could create in).
Which ones are yours, do you know, and what program were they created by?
Perhaps Textpad has a special feature to enable it to edit PDFs?

If you were using XyWrite 4, you could convert PDFs to XyWrite, edit
them, then resave in PDF, using the U2 routines PDF2Xy and Xy2Pdf.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx