Re: Non-XyW: WD-40 & counterparts (was: re Northgate keyboards)

>Comparable in what way, Eric? Used in electronic applications or not?
>
>> Since WD-40 has been mentioned, can anyone advise on the brand name of a
>> comparable lubricant which, unlike WD-40, isn't oil-based and leaves no
>> black residue?

And Daniel Say  raised other useful points:
>Which immediately brings to mind K-Y jelly.
>    What about graphite?

No, I don't have electronic applications in mind. I simply need a household
lubricant (two of the numerous specific applications would be unjamming
yale-lock keyholes and smoothing the operation of very heavy sliding patio
doors, of which my very un-English house has about half a dozen).
WD-40 leaves an oily residue that leaves marks on anything in touches; I
presume the same would be true of graphite, however applied. K-Y jelly is
an intriguing suggestion, but I assume it would collect dust and debris,
the accumulation of which is what makes WD-40 unsatisfactory for the
sliding doors.

Renewed apologies for taking up everyone's time on this.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel

e-mail: EricVT@xxxxxxxx