Re: running xy 3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!

Robert -

Dinner party canceled; flood watch in effect till Tuesday - no shit!

Anyway, I operated on my startup.int. The first set of numbers that you suggested for  more than 25 lines did nothing. This one doubled the cursor size, but I'd like to double it again.

BC default it=500,1500,8193,500,1500,8193,0,1

However, I'm a notorious math moron, having been traumatized by base 2 as a child. I'm afraid I understand nothing that you said in this paragraph:

If you want to be really careful, before you do this embed ≪VAIT≫
in any text, as I suggested. When you do so, it will display (in
draft mode only, not expanded mode) the current values of IT.
Copy exactly current values 3, 6, 7, and 8 into your new assignment;
modify values 1, 2, 4, and 5 only. 500 is a good starting number
for 1 and 4; 1500 for 2 and 5. You can see that that's what I'm doing
in the example lines up above.

I don't understand how to change 500 and 1500, which should go up, which should go down, or what the significance of 3,6,7, and 8/1,2,4 and 5 is. And I was unable to balance my checkbook till I got a PC ... so maybe now you are beginning to understand. What - specifically - do I do to enlarge the cursor? (How's that for a straight line?)

Thanks -
Polly