Re: DB vs. CP

Harry B. writes:
≪ What are Stop Codes?! ≫

I don't exactly know their provenance, but I think they may have come from
Display Write (an IBM dinosaur that Signature was supposed to replace --
hence, why we didn't call it XyWrite 4 from the get-go [another story
altogether]). Stop codes let you stop at any designated place in a document,
with a user-defined prompt to tell you what to type. They were a pretty big
deal when we determined the feature set, so I can't imagine they're not being
in the manuals, but I spoze anything is possible. If you can stand to load
up the menus/dialogs, give 'em a try. They work only with the help of some
XPL in the dialog file, tho I guess you could isolate that into a U2 file if
you wanted to.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx