Re: MS BOOKSHELF

Bookshelf hooks XyWrite via the CM characters, as you noted. Once CM is
displayed, it works, consuming about 134K of memory beneath XyWrite. Assuming
you are working on a 386 machine with all other TSRs loaded high, that still
leaves about 150K for swapping in low memory. Since no advanced user of XyWrite
would choose to leave CM on the command line, it's a bit disconcerting at
first. I invoke Bookshelf via CTRL-RIGHT/SHIFT. This poses no conflicts with
the Alt-[n] Bookshelf sequences which take over the keyboard, along with
several function key presses. Escape (which I have remapped to func CC)
releases Bookshelf. Very handy for quotes, Almanac material and, of course, a
hotkey full dictionary. (A definition of the word at the cursor pops up
instantly.) Cut and paste into XyWrite works flawlessly.