Re: Off Topic: RE Avoiding Exploiter

Opera can certainly be set to pretend to be other browsers (as can
many of the linux ones). Some of the linux ones have a setting for
tweaking what information it sends to the script that asks about
browser: you can have it tell version number, browser, OS, etc., or
tell nothing at all. I can't find a setting in firebird to tweak
this. But since mozilla and firebird are open source, people have
written lots of extensions (plug-ins) for it to give it added
capacities.
http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensions.html

When I get time, I can look to see if anyone has made an extension to
tweak this browser behavior.

Part of me thinks that one should just avoid sites that are coded for
MSIE only (as opposed to following the standards for
HTML/CSS/ECMAScript).