Re: file comparisons; viruses

Patricia, thanks for the suggestion. It's not very elegant, but it does
sound like the best thing I can do based on available knowledge. As you
said, it's amazing that our comparison tools are still so weak. Of course
one of the many reasons I cling to Xy4 is that the file compare feature is
so much more easy-to-use and intuitive than any similar feature in Word,
WP, and all the rest. It's amazing that it hasn't been copied yet. Gosh,
when you look at the competition, you realize how brilliantly
conceptualized the FC tool in Xy4 is.
 ...Take the file with the PN codes, and use XyWrite's
search and replace to remove them (could probably create a macro to do it); save the file under another name, and then FC that with your maniacal co-author's version. You'd have to remember to put all corrections in the version with the codes, but possibly you could redline them in that and then either cut and paste or print it out and then work from hard copy to screen. ...