Re: Enter Key / Selection by cursor

I wrote:
> I actually don't use the Avant as my main keyboard because the
> programmability is not fully up to my idiosyncratic needs. I have an old
> Prokey Maxi Switch as my main kbd and Avant as secondary one.
Robert asked:
I'm curious.  The Avants have, as you know, a pretty thorough programmability.
Where do they fall short compared to the Prokey?  What's the layout on the
Prokey -- F keys left?
102 keys?  I assume they are no longer available(?)
1. I don't fully recall the Avant's shortcoming, but I think it was my inability to work fully successfully with their programming user-interface. I don't think it was anything that the keyboard itself can't do.
2. The Prokey has F keys on the left AND duplicated above (including, on the above set, PF11 and PF12).
3. Prokey is no longer available. Hard to get even on ebay. Even your cleaning guy wasn't familiar with it.
BTW, another name for Prokey is Maxi Switch.
Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx