Re: Windows 2000 question

Writer892@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I load XyWrite from my desktop with a shortcut to editor.exe in a XyWrite directory.
Good! That's the best way and something we needed to know. Thanks.
The PIF associated with my shortcut is/was the same
as Manuel suggested.
I am confused, though, about the different settings
that show up in the PIF and the ``properties box'' that
that comes off the icon next to ``editor.exe'' in the
windows header, particularly as they pertain to
font and window size.
Yes, well, that is what MicroSludge calls a feature and we call a bug.
 Font size is definitely set, at least under W2K, by the properties
box invoked from the icon in the Window header. Anything you set in
the shortcut's own Properties (by right-clicking the shortcut, then
choosing Properties) is wasted effort; it just doesn't "take." Window
size, in turn, is at least in part determined by font size. I'm not at
 the W2K machine right now, so I cannot be more specific, but you
want to experiment with fonts and window sizes from within Xy, by
playing around with that Properties window off the header. If you
don't like ANY of the fonts, try downloading the Sieber screenfonts
whose URL Manuel posted the other day. Depending on your resolution,
you might be interested in some fonts Manuel himself designed a while
back.
(I do not, however, find any difference between the shortcut's font
size setting and that on the Window under 98 SE: both read 10 X 19 on
this box.)
One other thing: as you report, please specify which setup you're
referring to: the original one, that had timing problems, or the new
one that just cannot print (and we'll fix that too).
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx