Re: Xy4 on Win 8 /VMware / Win2K

Not to be an alarmist, but there is malware designed to lie dormant until a
specified date, at which point it then becomes active, so the copies could
be infected too. And the older the copies, the more work lost.
On the other hand backing up a VM is simply a matter of keeping a copy of it somewhere. Personally I have never worried much about vulnerability of my virtual machines for that reason. If one becomes compromised (though none ever has yet) I will simply delete it and use the copy.

Paul