XyLose err Win

In XyWin should I be able to save or append selected notes window
text to file? When I'm in a notes window and select text, then
try to save it SAVESEL (SAS) to file, the file winds up with the
first few characters of the "current document," not the selected
text.

If I try to APPEND selected text from within a notes window to an
existing file, I get hit with a stream of error messages:

  Invalid handle

then

  Disk[ette] is full

then

  Path not found

What in the world is that about? I don't know what "Invalid
handle" means here ('in-valid' does seem the operative word for
this program, 'tho), disk[ette] is hardly full with gigabytes of
available space (there's no floppy being used), and "path not
found" makes no sense since the path of the file exists just
fine. Moreover, the notes window then abruptly closes after
attempting to save or append selected text from within it (not
that abruptly closing matters since it already isn't saving the
selected text properly anyway).

None of these errors occur when saving or appending selected text
from within a document window, just from within a notes window.
Works fine in XyIII+ so what commands are necessary to do same in
XyWin?

Or is what I'm experiencing yet another example of this
incompetently implemented program whose release borders on
irresponsibility? (I'm having trouble recalling over 25 years of
software usage any release program as ill-conceived and poorly
programmed as this XyWrite for Windows. I'm fairly sure it's the
worst such program I've ever encountered. Shame on TTG and the
developers for this abomination. Doesn't it embarrass to display
such incompetence?) BTW, when I have the thesaurus up, if I want
to accept the first choice in the proposal list as the
replacement word, it doesn't work. I have to cursor off the
first choice, then back to it, in order to get the thesaurus to
replace the lookup word otherwise the lookup word remains the
same.

Bob