?? MIGRATION TO XY4WINDOWS

Dear all,

A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009 FOR ALL XYWRITE USERS
(if I still can use xy in 2009)

I used to work on a 7 year old pc, os win98se.
Now I have bought a new notebook, with os vista preinstalled.
My old dos-XY-III-PLUS (bought a licence at the time) did run on the new laptop, but the speed is like the verry old days (20 or more years ago) on 8088 or an 286-machine.

1-?
So I think I should migrate to an windows version of XY, or is there a way to speed up a dos-running program in vista?
2-?
Where can a find a download  for the latest- or best- version of XY for windows.

3-?
Is it legal? Or just a little bit illegal? Or abondon-ware?

4-?
Anny special tricks or so for the download and installation?

5-?
Is there an difference between  running on a 32-bit-vista or an 64-bit-vista?

greeting Carel