Re: dumb Tame question

> At 1/3/2005 05:35 PM -0500, Bill Troop wrote:
> However, recently, whatever I have done to my XP system, it does tend
> to slow down to an unusable extent after a couple of hours.

This happened to me on an older machine running Windows 98. The cause
turned out to be spyware.

--- Michael Norman  wrote:
> TAME, as Jon Pareles recently reported, works well.

I, too, followed these posts and even though XyDOS worked well enough
on my T40 laptop running XP Pro SP1, I downloaded it. Installation was
simple, as Michael reports. Xy feels lighter and livelier, and I feel
more confident opening other programs at the same time.

>(You'll have to adjust Mode Con: repeat and delay, but this too is a
>snap.)

Two questions: 1. Sorry to be dumb, but what is mode con, where do I
find it and change it?

2. The only problem I see now with XyWrite is that if the cursor moves
too quickly, little boxes appear on the screen. They disappear right
away, but it's annoying. Will the mode con adjustment solve this?

Thanks,
Lisa

=====
Lisa Kleinholz