Re: XPL best practices

Reply to note from "Robert Holmgren"  Mon, 13
Nov 2006 18:34:31 -0500

> > But again, since I'm NOT changing the current drive (since
> > Editor.EXE is in D:\xyw4dos; I think I've got ALL my machines
> > configured thus now), do I need /D?
>
> Well, in public programming, yes: you need some method to
> switch drive AND path. In private programming, you do any damn
> thing you want.

But, in Patricia's WP conversion routine, I think you're OK if you
specify fully-qualified path and filenames for the EXE, infile and
outfile, as I did in my rewrite of Patricia's code. At least, it
worked here.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx