Re: openoffice & xywrite?

Robert Holmgren wrote:
> ** Reply to message from Harmon Seaver  on
> Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:38:38 -0500
>

>> I was also thinking though, of printing them to a postscript printer
>> file in xy, and seeing if I can import that into OO. Or run a ps
>> translator on it.
>
> That's what I would do. PS is not a weak link! That's one
> powerful language, and the commands that XyWrite generates
> translate perfectly to PS (assuming a good prolog). Never
> dreamt of importing PS into XyWrite, though -- don't know what
> the mechanism for doing that would be! So it's a one-way
> solution, XyWrite ==> PS.

  This works -- sort of. Simple enough to printf the file with a
postscript printer loaded, and then in linux I can call that file up
with evince or ghostscript -- looks absolutely great, perfect in every
respect with whatever typeface or formatting you wanted. But for some
strange reason, I can't for the life of me select or copy it. And
calling it up in OO just gives me the raw ps text file with all it's
ugliness.
  I'm really surprised that OO doesn't just deal with the ps file, but
even more surprised I can't cut and paste it. I'll have to spend a bit
of time googling this one.
  Also tried running xy in xdosemu which works pretty well, but cutting
and pasting from it is problematic as well, as shift-crtl-c puts me in a
 xy dialogue. I can fix that, I guess in xy. Just highlighting the text
with the mouse does copy it, but only enough to put it into another
xterm, not into OO.
  The xy to ps seems like a much nicer way to go, if I can make it
work. It doesn't matter if it won't go the other way, ps to xy.

--
Harmon Seaver