Re: Robert -- Re: OT: End Note ?

David Auerbach wrote:
"She was always singing my shirts."
Hmm, there are myths where creation is wrought by song, but
making shirts that way is new to me--apart, of course, from "The
Song of the Shirt."
Nor would a text-to-speech program have a good time with the title in your example(s). (My students make learned allusions but my department chair makes learned allusions.)
You know, I had to read that a couple of times to hear it.
Learn'-ed versus learn-éd.
Voice recognition SW, hah! I've twice recently had to activate XP
on systems that didn't yet have Internet connectivity. So I went
the telephone route. Now though a resident of NJ for the last 30
years, I'm NYC born and bred, come of a theatrical family, and
have always prided myself on my precise enunciation. The wretched
thing would get halfway through, come up short ("I didn't quite
get that") and eventually have to dump me to a real person
(sounded like the same guy both times). One time was at the
office, and my co-workers were shaking their heads: they could
understand me OK.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx