Re: Jumbo U2 news

Harry,
These sounds like terrific meta-level improvements.
Thanks. In general I think they are. I'm having second thoughts,
however, about frame U2UPD, which I think may too aggressively
interfere with the user's U2 setup. As written, the frame downloads
the latest U2 package and unzips all files, overwriting existing files
(backups of the existing XYWWWEB.U2 and XYWWWEB.INF are sent to the
Windows %temp% directory). If the loaded U2 file is named XYWWWEB.U2,
it loads the new XYWWWEB.U2 over it. While this may work for some or
even many users, it may be disruptive for people (like you) who
customize XYWWWEB.U2 or add their own programming to it. So U2UPD may
be for the dust heap. It's hardly onerous to download and unzip the
package manually.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx