Re: off list virus question

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Sat, 21 Jul 2001
14:26:43 -0400

> >How does one look at an email attachment in Xywrite?
>
> Like any other binary file. In the command line I do "d 1a=0"
> to take off control-z recognition.

It's the other way around. You command D 1A=1 to read past the
Ascii-26 EOF (End_Of_File) character, which is what you want to do
when inspecting a binary file. Command D 1A=0 to restore normal
handling of the EOF.

> You also have to do F9 (on my machine) -- get into expanded
> view.

You can use CAll/100 [filename] to open a file in eXPanded view,
regardless of the current Display Type setting. With binaries, it's
a good idea to use REad/100 [filename], to avoid making inadvertent
changes which can cripple a program file. Never SAve or STore a
binary file; when you're finished browsing, ABort it.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx