Re: File Conversion

Harry Binswanger wonders:

>I keep hearing about these WFW filters being included with Xy4, but I
>can't find them. What are the actual file names and how do I activate them?

[Xy4DOS, right? If so:] Typically, they're installed when you install the
main program in the first place; and if your Xy4 is in D:\XY4 (for
example), they'll probably be in D:\XY4\FILTERS. Most of the ingredients
of WFW are .EXE files; look across your hard disk(s) for W4W*.EXE (note
"F", not "F"). As I remember--and I'll fire up Xy4 and take a look if
nobody confirms or denies this--they're not standalones; you instead tell
Xy to read in or write a file in such-and-such a format.
Peter Evans