Re: Reading long filenames

** Reply to message from "Chuck Creesy"  on Wed,
28 Jan 2004 17:03:30 -0500

> "P.S. In NB version 7.0, just released, we've added a flag to the $FI
> command that returns the full filename (VA$FI/F), not merely the short
> one."

Yes, I noticed that in v7.0b NB.DLG when I compared it to DLG for v6.1.1; and I
played with it a bit, but VA$FI/F didn't return anything different than regular
VA$FI. Reason, I guess, was that I wasn't using a "long" filename.
Interesting!

I don't think XyWrite is the least bit unhappy in Windows, it works as well as
it ever did, for me. I'm speaking of Xy4-DOS.

*Please* answer my questions: What operating system you are using? Do you
want a command to put the full (long) filename at current cursor position, yes
or no? If not, then what _do_ you want? There are solutions for your problem.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx