RE: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Carl,

As they (used) to say about the PC clones: Every day your 100% IBM PC compatible become a little less so.

I once bought a driver which was a PostScript emulation for use with an HP laser printer, (which spoke PCL-5, if my is clear.)

It was billed as 100% PostScript compatible. And yes, it was. The thing they didn’t mention was that their emulation wasn't a full emulation. And as luck, (or Murphy’s Law,) would have it, the functionality I needed the most was in the part they left out.

The bottom line here is this. The things you expect are never going to be the same as you can get out of your preferred version of XyWrite, unless is actually IS your preferred version of XyWrite. – The reason I was asking for the original code to port onto a modern OS was so that as much of the original functionality  could be preserved. – This the point that managed to slip through the cracks in this thread.

Phil

Sent from Mail for Windows 10