Re: Version confusion.

Michael Edwards wrote:

>   I hope list members are not starting to tire of questions from me which no
> doubt seem very elementary, and I thank people who have been generous with their
> advice and opinions. Ideally I like to respond to all such letters, but time
> catches up with me and I can't always; but your advice is appreciated.

 Hi Michael, and Welcome.

Not to worry. I actually knew of this list several years before joining it, but
made the assumption (quite unfounded) that it was mostly in the realm of rather
advanced users, covering rather advanced topics, so I would be way out of my depth
here; and an assumption that the fact the list is hosted by an academic entity gave
certain cues as to what it might be like. Should have bothered to check it out.
Now I'm sorry I came in so late.

There once were other good alternatives. In the days before the 'Net as we now know
it, there was a pretty good forum on RIME/Relaynet devoted to XY. Even longer ago,
a couple good BBS'es where much good info was exchanged. But I think this is now
the only game in town.

Jordan