Re: Printer question

Marge asked me, off list, if this meant she could only use one printer
with Xywin. I'm answering on list because this is, IMHO, a question of
general interest. I don't think that's the case. I cannot test it right
now, as I'm in the process of migrating everything from a corrupted
Windows system (which has some unknown app using a bit of RAM that both
XyDos and XyWin need, so neither will run) to a new system that is not
fully set up yet (and the laptop, which has working XyDOS and Win, has a
bug--inherent, I discover, to Windows95--that plays havoc with printing).
But what I think is the case is that you have to have your printers set
up first, then start a XyWin from which all printer references have been
removed. XyWin then gets the printer refs from Windows. Certainly, when
the current system was working, I "printed" from XyWin, using the Windows
printer drivers, both to the USB multifunction and to a file, using the
Postscript driver. And I printed to the dot matrix from XyDOS, using Xy's
own driver.
Patricia