Re: off-topic encomium and Y2K

On Thu, 04 Jun 98 13:45:23 -0500, "Jonathan Beard"
wrote:

>   I guess it [the high standard of writing in this group] is because
>   XyWrite was marketed to writers from the
>   beginning, and anyone still using it today must be literate if
>   not literary.
>
>   [snip] It is a commonplace that you do not want
>   to be in an airplane the night of December 31, 1999.

Jonathan,

Thank you for pleasuring us with the increasingly rare correct use of
the word "commonplace"!

I wonder if the bunkers constructed during the Cold War to house civil
servants and sundry VIPs in the event of a nuclear event were not, in
fact, intended from inception as 'Y2K' boltholes!

--
James    _  To mail me, spell "nomed" in my address backwards
Eibisch,  ('v')